Коптлеуова Анджела Турсынгалиевна
Form: 6 B
- a) educational: to guide the students to an understanding of the comparison of adjectives
- b) developing: to develop pupils’ skills of reading, tidy writing, listening and speaking, their mental abilities.
- c) cultural: to bring up pupils to respect each other, to be tidy, polite, responsible.
Lesson Goals: At the end of the lesson students will be able to use comparative and superlative adjectives to make comparison between two or more things. Also, they will learn important vocabulary about describing things, animals and nature.
The type of the lesson: mixed lesson
The kind of the lesson: mastering new material
Teaching methods: explaining, listening, reading, comparing, speaking.
Visual aid: an interactive board, cards pictures of islands and a ship.
The procedure of the lesson
- a) Greeting
T: Good afternoon, boys and girls!
P: Good afternoon, teacher!
T: Let’s begin our English lesson.
- b) Asking the date
T: What date is it today?
P: Today is the 27th of November
T: Who is absent?
P: All are present.
What is the day of week today?
What season is it now?
Do you like autumn?
Is it cold today?
Is it sunny today?
Is it snowy today?
Do you like the weather today?
And how are you filling today? Please tell me.
- Checking up home work
- What was your homework? I will check your homework. Are you ready?
- Without your tongue you cannot talk.
- Without your feet you cannot walk
- Without your eyes you cannot see
- Without your heart you cannot be
III. Guessing the theme of the lesson
Teacher: Now I want to devide you into 3 groups. And everybody come here and please take one card. Which film persons are these? Now children imagine that you are pirates. And you are in this ship. At this lesson we will travel and must find treasure.In order to find treasure you must do some exercises which in each island.
Are you ready? At first you must guess today’s theme. For this you must describe film’s persons in your card.
Now look at these words and say what part are these words? Yes, you are right the theme of our lesson is the adjective and comparison of adjectives.
The theme of our lesson is – Сomparative adjectives
- a) to guide the students to an understanding of the comparison of adjectives
- b) to develop pupils’ skills of reading, tidy writing, listening and speaking, their mental abilities.
- c) to bring up pupils to respect each other, to be tidy, polite, responsible
- The presentation or grammar.
Teacher: Adjectives have three degrees of comparison: positive, comparative and superlative. Today we’ll study comparative degree.
tall – taller small – smaller
old – older fast – faster
slow – slower short – shorter
clever – cleverer new – new
fat – fatter thin – thinner
big – bigger heavy – heavier
happy – happier
expensive – more expensive
beautiful – more beautiful
difficult – more difficult
Teacher: Now let’s do some exercises to fix. I prepared interesting tasks for you. Look at the board. There are tasks of the first island. For your good answer you get gold, silver or bronze.
- Write the comparative form of adjectives.
Tall,kind, large, pretty, high,loud
2- group. Write the comparative form of adjectives.
Difficult,short,strange, bad, rich, soft
3- group. Write the comparative form of adjectives.
Low,good,clean, expensive, cheap, tall
Teacher:There are tasks of the second island.
1 – group.Write the comparative form of adjectivesand translate them into Russian.
- It is (happy) day of my life.
- The twenty-secondof December is (short) day in a year.
- The Ertis is (deep) than the Ile river.
- It is (cold) day of the year.
- The room is (small) of all the rooms in the house.
- My rhymes are (bad) than yours.
- Our school is (old) in our town.
- This dictation is (easy) than that one.
- Moscow is (large) city in Russia.
- She is (tall) than her sister.
2 – group.Write the comparative and superlative form of adjectivesand translate them into Russian.
1) Jackets are more expensive than T-shirts. (expensive)
2) My Mum is … my Dad. (tall)
3) Dogs are … cats. (intelligent)
- Franco is … Marco. (short)
5) My brother is … at sports … I am. (good)
6) My homework is … yours. (bad)
7) My cat is (big).
8) My bird is (beautiful).
9) My rabbit is (fat).
10) Myfishis (small).
3 – group.Write the comparative form of adjectivesand translate them into Russian.
- This book is (the most interesting, interestingest) of all I have read this year.
- My sister speaks English (badder, worse) than I do.
- Which is (the hottest, hotter) month of the year?
- Which is (the beautifulest, the most beautiful) place in this part of the country.
- A train is (faster, the fastest) than a bus.
- Take some of these sweets: they are very (nicer, nice). They are (nicer, nice) than the sweets in that box.
- (Tall, the tallest) trees in the world grow in California.
- This girl is (the goodest, the best) student in our group.
- Spanish is (the easiest, easier) than German.
- Tamiris is (short, shorter) than the Asel.
Teacher:There are tasks of the third island. Pair work. Make a dialogue with these supporting words.
Rest exercise.Song “If you are happy and you know it”
Teacher:There are tasks of the fourth island. As you knowtreasure is in this island as far as this is our final island.Here you get brilliant, pearl and amber. This exercise is in your book.
Ex 8 p70.
I hope your journey was interesting and informative for you.
- Conclusion. Look at the pictures and make true comparative sentences.
REMEMBER: The bus is faster than a bike
The city is more interesting than the mountains.
- a) HIGH
a mountain a tree
A mountain is higher than a tree
- b) SHORT
a bus a train
- c) DANGEROUS
a cat a lion
- d) STRONG
a gorilla a dog
- e) COMFORTABLE
a chair a sofa
- f) FAST
a train a boat
- g) SLOW
a train a boat
- h) COLD
- i) HOT
Now I’ll give you sheets of reflection. Please answer to these questions about your like or dislike the lesson.
- Giving marks. The lesson is over. Good bye.